Thursday, November 8, 2007

Niiiice

Got my PVR card, and slapped it in. After some fiddling and tweaking, I can now do everything a TiVO can do, and more. For instance, I can plug a camera into my box and view all the pictures, saving them to the HDD or writing them to a DVD. I can schedule recordings based on keywords or time slots (very cool). Pause, rewind, fast forward live tv :) I turned off the commercial detection, because I don't trust it enough yet. Last night I fast forwarded through the commercials during South Park, Sarah Silverman, and the Daily Show. The Colbert Report was a repeat (I think he's campaigning for the presidency).

I'll post some pictures once I get them. I also need to figure out a better internet connection. Probably I'll need a wifi extender to combat the interference in my house, or just an ethernet->wifi converter. I'll tackle that problem this weekend.

-Aaron

No comments: